Thursday, July 16, 2009

Life's Pot Holes

After 5 weeks of training through the pain of what felt like broken ribs, I finally went to the doctor. It seemed like a mute point 5 weeks later, but there was an unexplainable pain that was traveling around to my rib cage in my back, which was unbearable. Not unbearable like I was going to stop training, but bad enough that I was back to putting heat on it every day and whimpering out loud. As suspected, though, I got x-rays, only to find that no, I had not broken a thing, but was just dealing with bruised ribs and some swelling around the tendons.

The treatment? Advil. Although I had been already been taking it regularly, I was relieved to hear that they were recommending taking it even before I began my training workouts. This was the best news yet! The doctor also mentioned that within another 5 weeks of time, I should be completely healed and not feeling a thing. Five more weeks? Fine, I had made it this far, only missing out on 3 days of training, what was another five more weeks?

I was in triathlete form and was not about to stop now...with or without the Advil.

www.LesleyGeller.com

No comments:

Post a Comment